About — Bio: Patricia St. John
Patricia St. John has been designing gardens Over 20 years
You could call her an escape artist, dreamweaver or simply a very talented landscape designer with a cunning eye for every little detail required to transform your garden into a functional, yet intriguing outdoor haven. For more than 20 years, Patricia St. John has been designing gardens on Peninsula and South Bay with the past nine spent primarily in the East Bay and Contra Costa area. The essence of her business is creating gardens that uplift the spirit, and inspire joy and reconnection with the natural world.
With an associate degree in science in landscape horticulture from Foothill College, certification as a member of the Association of Professional Landscape Designers and further recognition as a California Certified Nursery Professional; Patricia St. John is expertly qualified to fulfill all your landscape design desires. Most importantly, she has a passion to make your garden an extension of your own personality ... whether you yearn for a place of beauty in your own garden, to grow fruits and vegetables, enjoy wildlife or just be.
Patricia's unquenchable thirst for learning and giving back what she has learned, has left her with a robust resume that never stops growing:
- Service on the Palo Alto Gamble Garden Board
- Service on the Western Horticultural Society Board
- Past President of the International Board of the Association of Professional
- Performed numerous landscape design presentations throughout the Bay Area
- Have had gardens featured on several garden tours
- Presented workshops on container gardening, color theory, companion planting,
organic gardening practices, creating children's gardens, and floral design
- Adjunct Professor of Horticulture at Merritt College
- Guest lectured in the Graduate School of Landscape Architecture at UC Berkeley
- Served on the Berkeley Garden Club Board
- Propagator of salvias at the UC Berkeley Botanical Garden
- Winner of national design awards for her own gardens in 2002, 2006 and 2011.
- View Recognitions, Gardens On Tour, & Publications
- Gardens published in Sunset Magazine, Nov., 2010, San Francisco Chronicle, Sept., 2010, Landscape Design/Build Solutions, Oct., 2011